As natural nesting sites are scarce, this box provides excellent protection. For easy cleaning the box incorporates a hatch feature. It should be mounted fairly steeply at 45 degrees or less to the vertical. Straps for fixing the box to a tree are available from many DIY and camping stores.
Boxes need to be sited at least 2.5 metres above the ground. Owls need a clear flight path in and out of the box and in quiet, secluded spots. Nesting owls can be dangerous if approached. Tawny Owls nest in woodland and in well-wooded suburban gardens.
- Attractive nest box for the nocturnal Tawny Owl
- This box provides excellent protection where nesting sites are scarce
- Should be mounted fairly steeply at 45 degrees or less to the vertical
- For easy cleaning the box incorporates a hatch feature
- Dimensions: H76cm x W22cm x D20cm